LISNews – News For Librarians

ftr1

ftr1

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Re rinco nada library Palo Alto

I come to rinco library on a periodic basis and usually it's a fairly pleasant atmosphere. However you always get one or two people just a little bit off the mark.

 Last time I was here somebody came over to the public phone charger by the printer and he just stood there and unplugged my phone that was charging. 

 I stood up and said " what are you doing my phone is charging" and he just stammered. I don't know why he did that,  unless he was waiting to see if somebody would come over,  and if not was he going to put it in his pocket? 
Very odd.

Then today I was sitting there on my laptop and some guy came over and set right next to me for some reason & started eating a bunch of stuff -and he kind of turned towards me like he wanted me to see him eating, and I'm trying to do my work. I don't know if there's a rule about not eating or not but seems to me, there should be a rule against obnoxious eating close to other patrons. 

And I admit I take my shoes off occasionally but I have clean socks on and I just do it to keep my feet cool. This creep saw me take one of my shoes off (with my socks on) and then he decided to instantly copy me, but he took his sock off too- and then he put his bare foot 🦶 up on his chair and started  picking at his toenails. 

The staff here is usually so nice and docile and that's the way we want them but every now and then you get somebody like this who needs somebody to be stern with him. 

And there's nothing more annoying than somebody who looks at what other people are doing and says "If you can do it I can do it too ". this isn't kindergarten. 

Find your own purpose in life sir. 
And get a life, sir 👎.
 People like you RUIN IT FOR EVERYBODY cuz then they have to make universal rules that nobody can eat, and nobody can take their shoes off, nobody can do this or that, because you always have the one CREEP who does it in an obnoxious way
Uploaded Image